Go to footer

A Lucky Man

Superman / Lois & Clark / Smallville FanFiction in English, en Français, in Italiano, en Español,...

A Lucky Man

Beitragvon C_K_unlimited » Do 15. Jul 2010, 20:14

A Lucky Man
(written for the last ficgrab at the Planet/bluetights in april 2010)

Author: C_K_unlimited / barb1808 (at now eyesskyward.com)
prompt: vault
words: ca. 900
'verse: general Superman

A/N: First a huge THANK YOU to Kitkaos for her beta and to Kyo for her encouragement. I'm glad to have both of you for 'backup'. ;)
Then I have to warn you all, yes, warn YOU, the readers. This is a dark story and you might not like it. I chose an unusual protagonist. He is not someone to like but still a very interesting character, who is, scary enough, sometimes easy for me to write. So I beg you to give it a chance.

~*~

When his last employee left the office, the bald man turned around and opened the hidden panel in his huge wooden desk. He took out the control device with its fingerprint scanner and pushed his index on it. With a 'beep' the bookshelf to his left slid aside and a steel door with another control device came into view.

Lex stood up and walked over to the wall. On his way he listened carefully, but couldn't hear anyone near. So he typed the code into a silver keypad and a small lid swung open. He moved a step forward and placed his eye in front of the retina scanner to get it scanned.

Now a small green light started glowing and with a sigh the huge door opened, permitting the view on the billionaire's most treasured things. While the room behind him was dimly lit, the vault was full of brightness, highlighting not only expensive weapons like ancient swords and a helmet of Alexander the Great, but also ancient artifacts from all over the world and some exclusive pieces of jewelery.

Between these treasures lay a ring with a green-glowing rock in it, which Lex caressed lovingly before he took a pile of paper laying next to it. On top of the pile was a silver paper weight with strange symbols on it. Taking seat in his enormous leather chair, Lex took the paperweight and turned it in his hands. A determined smile crossed his features and he murmured to himself:
“I'll find out what secrets lie within you. Don't worry.”

He put the cool and smooth piece of metal on his desk and grabbed one of the files. Reading through it, his face turned from time to time into an evil grin. The experiments his researchers were doing brought more and more knowledge to him and every detail was being gathered to find the ultimate weapon. His plan was nearly perfect.

First he had to make sure that his flying nemesis in blue would be officially evil. Therefore he would either actually have to turn him evil, which would be more fun, or just alternate the public view of the caped hero. His men were currently researching pros and cons, which would be more effective and better to realize. So that Lex himself could decide which way to go. Then he would use his ultimate weapon to destroy the Kryptonian and become the savior of the world and with a few more steps and manipulations of people in charge its ruler.

Satisfied, the maniac put the paper down on his desk and laid his chin on his folded hands, staring into space. His thoughts carried him away. It would be such a good feeling to finally beat the geek in blue. He already could feel his fist meeting the hero's face and hear the crack of bones. A sadistic smile spread over Lex' face and he clenched his jaw to stay calm. The knowledge of what could hurt the Man of Steel was as sweet as the anticipation of using it. He really would enjoy and savor the moment when he could fight the boyscout and see him in physical pain.

But until then the businessman would lay low and lure the Man of Steel and his reporting arm ornament in by posing as good man, supporting charity projects and giving work to most of the city's citizens.

A knock on the door interrupted the bald man's reverie and he quickly gathered the secrets from his desk to put them back into the vault, calling, “Just a second, please.”

When all those precious things were well hidden again and the vault safely locked, he opened the door of his office to give way to a beautiful blonde woman, whom he greeted with a seemingly warm smile. The woman stepped reluctantly in, observing carefully her host and her surrounding.

“Welcome, Miss S. Sorry for letting you wait. I had to finish some business first.” His voice oozed with kindness.

“No problem, Mr. Luthor. You have the benefit of being the only billionaire who is interested in what I can offer.” The blonde spoke more neutral with a hint of sarcasm. Her features didn't show any sign of feeling.

A real smile crossed Lex' face and his tone was clearly amused. “What I really like about you are your dry comments. So, what is it you can offer, Miss S.?”

“Apart from my services, I can offer some of the green rocks that you long for.” In the elegant woman's eyes was a short glimpse of attraction that disappeared as quickly as it had come.

“Well, that is a proposal I can't refuse.” With a genuine smile Luthor pointed his guest to take a seat on the black leather couch. Sitting down himself, he casually continued, “And to what do I owe this unique occasion?”

Seeing the woman hesitate and doubt crossing her face the billionaire quickly added, “You don't have to tell me, if you don't want to.”

Hiding her feelings again, Miss S. answered, “Let's just say the big blue boyscout took someone from me and I am not willing to just accept it.”

Lex Luthor smirked. “Well, I guess that makes me a lucky man. And with a jewel like you at my side, that shines just as much as the treasures in my vault, I will be able to do what I always wanted.”

~END~

~~> Feedback Thread
Bild
C_K_unlimited

Ressortleiter
Ressortleiter

Mein Superman: fliegt

Zurück zu Foren-Übersicht

Zurück zu Foreign-Language FanFiction